THE TORONTO STAR/WONDERLIST’s
“one month of regular season MAPLE Leaf tickets” April 2014 Contest
Official CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Agreement: These rules govern the "One month of regular season Maple Leaf tickets" (“Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest judges, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
- Contest Sponsor: The Contest sponsor is the Toronto Star, a division of Toronto Star Newspapers Limited, (the “Toronto Star”).
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is only open to legal residents of Ontario who: (a) are 18 years of age or older; (b) live within a 80.5 Kilometre (50 Mile) radius of the City of Toronto; and (c) are members of Wonderlist.ca (each an “Entrant”). Employees (and their immediate families and those with whom they are domiciled) of Toronto Star Newspapers Limited (the “Contest Sponsor”), Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Ltd. (“MLSE” the “Prize Supplier”), their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, agents, their advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible to enter. Immediate family includes the husband, wife, son, daughter, brother, sister, mother or father of an individual.
- The Contest begins at 9:00am ET/ on February 27, 2014 and ends at 9:00am ET on March 27, 2014 (the “Contest Period”).
- Contest: To enter the Contest, access the Contest website at www.wonderlist.ca/leafscontest.hmtl and follow the instructions to enter the Contest (a valid email address will be required). Limit of one entry per person. Once entered, there will be an option listed on the Contest Website to “Tell a Friend”, which will allow the Entrant to send the Contest details via e-mail to up to five (5) other individuals, providing these individuals with an opportunity to enter this Contest. Each individual must be a member of Wonderlist.ca prior to entering this Contest. For each unique "Tell a Friend" e-mail that results in an individual clicking to enter the contest via the link found within the e-mail, the Entrant will receive an additional one (1) bonus entry into the Contest. Each Entrant can obtain a maximum of five (5) of these bonus entries. Registrants can send a "Tell a Friend" e-mail to a specific e-mail address only once. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
- Prize:There is one (1) prize available to be won (each a “Prize”), consisting of:
- One (1) pair of tickets to all 2013-2014 Toronto Maple Leafs Regular Season home games in the month of April 2014 (specific seating to be determined at sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor). Three (3) games in total. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $1,284 CDN.
- All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein, including (without limitation), transportation to and from the game, food and beverages, souvenirs and items of a personal nature shall be the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her guest(s).
- The potential winner will be selected by random draw, which will take place at Wonderlist.ca offices located at One Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5E1E6 at approximately 10:00am on March 27, 2014. The potential winner will be contacted by telephone at the number provided on their entry form by a representative of the Contest Sponsor between 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on March 27, 2014 and must be available at time of first contact to maintain eligibility. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select at random another eligible entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry. In order to be eligible to win, the potential winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid.
- Winners must come to One Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5E1E6 to collect the Prize won, unless otherwise specified by Wonderlist.ca. If the winner does not claim the Prize within the same day of notification, the next eligible entry selected by random draw will be contacted and the first selected Entrant will have no further claim to the Prize. Due to the nature of the promotional prizing, no alternate dates for the games are available. Contest Sponsor will not mail or courier the Prize and is not responsible for unclaimed prizes. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable, non-salable and are not convertible to cash.
- Release: Prior to receiving the Prize, the winner will be required to show valid photo ID and to sign a Declaration of Eligibility and Release form, releasing the Contest Sponsor and its related parties from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the Prize, confirming compliance with the rules and consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising and promotional agencies. The Contest Sponsor must receive the signed form prior to awarding the Prize or the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Entrant.
- Privacy: We use your personal contact information to administer this Contest, including contacting, announcing and promoting the prize winner. In addition, we may use this information to send you offers or information from us, our affiliates and from selected Contest Sponsor or advertisers (“Marketing Offers”). If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by: following the instructions at the bottom of any email Marketing offer you receive, informing your telemarketer at the time you are called with a Marketing Offer, calling 1-800-279-0181 and requesting that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers, or emailing email@example.com and requesting that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers. The Contest is run in compliance with the Toronto Star Newspapers Limited (the "Star") privacy code, which may be found in full at http://www.thestar.com/privacy.
- Banning: The Contest Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information.
- Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize or portion of the Prize with a Prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed, beyond the standard manufacturer's warranty. Contest Sponsor is not liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical failures on the website or Contest software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest Entrant. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, MLSE, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, agents, their advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of: (i) Entrant's participation in the Contest, (ii) the receipt or use of the Prize awarded therein; and (iii) the administration of the Contest and distribution of the Prize awarded therein.
- Entrants hereby release, waive and discharge any and all claims of damage, loss or causes of action (including, negligence), including (but not limited to) death, personal injury or loss or damage to property, which the Entrant or any of the Entrant’s representatives, heirs, next of kin or assignees (“Entrant’s Representatives”) may have or which may hereinafter accrue to the Eligible Entrant or Entrant Representatives against the Released Parties as a result of the Eligible Entrant’s participation in the Contest or the receipt or use of the Prize awarded herein.
- All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. Potential winners may be requested to provide Contest Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. In the event of a dispute, entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- MLSE is a Prize supplier for the Contest and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Contest and the selection of the winner and all such liability and responsibility rests solely with Toronto Star.